Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wildstar!

Ok so there is not that many bad things for me to say about this amazing game, but first to help you understand why I feel the way I do I am going to give you a little of my MMO back ground.
I started playing WoW back in Burning Crusade times not sure the year any more, but I played up till just last year (2013). I am a PvPer and love the joy of open world PvP along with arena/battle ground style, once WoW started to treat the PvPers like they were second class I started to drift away from it looking for new MMOs that filled the void, all I wanted was a game that made PvPers 1.need to be skilled in the slightest and 2. need to be in PvP gear. I can't stress this enough... what is the point of PvPing when every carebear can walk up and one shot you because the same tier raid gear is better? Or if you can get PvP gear by raiding... I have tried lots of other games that kept the combat mainly simple and not that hard to master like Tera and Aion, and its not that I don't enjoy games like GuildWars2 but not having the world PvP was just to hard for me to over come. It seemed like nothing could keep me interested in it as WoW had done before, I decided to stay with WoW till about 5 months ago. What finally killed my WoW career was when I had a support person rudely speak to me when answering my ticket... I am all for trying and failing at balancing your game... but don't talk down to your subs like they mean nothing to you.
So with that I left WoW to play small single player indie games till sometime came along... I tell you friends this game is what I have been waiting for!

The Review!
As a PvPer I am happy to say not only is this game fun to fight in, it is fun to level in to. I have not been playing the beta for that long but from what I can see not only is the PvP everything I wanted and more I even think I will enjoy the PvE stuff, with dodging and double jump this movement filled game is just what that doctor order for people bored for clicking one button! If you have not yet heard of this game I think you should check it out Here. But enough about the amazing combat, let's talk about Paths. Paths are something you pick in character creation along with your class, once in game paths will give you quests to do that cater to your play style based on the path you pick. As I was an adventurer in the beta my style is to randomly run off trail to see if I can climb some random rock over there.... and this path makes it so some of this stuff gives me rewards! So that's all I have to say for now, give it a look and tell me what you think about it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment