Monday, December 9, 2013

Why the Vet is scary

As many of you may know I had surgery not long ago... They said I would recover fully in about 2 weeks, tomorrow is that 2 week mark and I am feeling about 90% so that's great! I just wanted to thank everyone who sent best wishes they really helped. Please enjoy this short story about my day at the hospital. (Written as a cat)

Walking into the vets office that day was hard, but the pain in my side was only getting worse and something had to be done. I stayed at the back of the carrier as we wanted to go into the room, it felt like hours before we finally got called in. I hissed loud as they opened the carrier door to get me out, I didn't want to go but the vet tilted the carrier till I fell out onto the table. She poked me to see where it hurt and asked lots of questions that had been answered before many times, after what felt like an hour of this I ran back into the carrier and waited for the surgery room to be ready for me. Two hours later a different vet came in and started to ask more questions as he gave me a shot... Everything went blurry till I couldn't stay awake any longer. I drifted off only to wake to a tube being pulled out of my throat and pain as I coughed. Cuts and glue all around my tummy, at that moment the pain made me wish I didn't have the surgery. Once back in my carrier I was ready to leave and never return to this place... Two weeks later most of the memories are a blur and I am ok with that, still licking my wounds waiting for the nightmare to finally end.

I am not the best story teller but it's hard to remember to much with all the pills I had, kinda feels like 2 weeks of my life never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment